Monday, September 8, 2008

Justin's First Fashion Week

Though William Rast has been in development since 2006, Justin Timeberlake debuted his fashion forward brainchild to the big apple yesterday for the Spring 2009 runway show.



The show began with a movie trailer designed to give viewers insight on who the William Rast man is; a combination of a grease monkey/cowboy turned urban sophisticate. Great in theory, but once it hit the runway the translation wasn't as equally appealing.

Light washed jeans slashed with adolescent recklessness, double cuffed to expose slouchy cowboy boots was the theme carried throughout each look. Also, neckties short enough for an Oompa Lumpa to get away with and t-shirts that fit like shrunken nightgowns.

The highlights were clearly the outerwear and well tailored tuxedo shirts, blazers, and vests, but their impact was lost in all the cinematic character's confusing style and personality.


All in all ... there were promising signs that given time, we may all want to be a William Rast man one day soon. But before we officially sign on, it looks like William's got some growing up to do.


To view the entire runway show visit: http://men.style.com/fashion/collections/S2009MEN/review/WRMEN

Or visit http://www.williamrastmovie.com to view more trailers, the womens line, and mens separates.

1 comment:

KRAVEN said...

I am not a fan of the vast majority of celebrity-based labels. I loathe the thought of uber-celebrities who have books, labels, music, movies, toys, games, furniture, cell phones, etc.

And while I love L.A.M.B, and Benjamin Bixby gives me a lot of hope, I really think that most artists should stick to singing and let designers design.

That being said, I guess Justin Timberlake can join that elite crowd of celebs that I will permit to force themselves down my throat via every possible channel. I am really liking what I'm seeing from William Rast. I'm actually impressed. And I'd totally wear this labe.

I hate the name though for some reason.